No, like…for real though these grits are bangin’. Check out the recipe below:
Creamy Cheese Grits
Prep Time: 5min. | Cooking Time: approx. 25min.
2C chicken broth
1/2 heavy whipping cream
1/2C quick cooking grits
1/4C Cream cheese
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock, and whipping cream to a simmer.
2. Whisk in the grits and stir constantly until the grits return to a simmer and cover.
3. Cook until thickened, stirring occassionally to make sure the grits don’t stick, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the butter, cream cheese and parmasean cheese and and reduce to a low simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring often for super creamy grits.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve garnished with sharp cheddar cheese.
*For thicker grits, reduce water by 1/4 cup. If looser grits are preferreF, add water or broth until desired thickeness is reached.
A Note from PrettyChef: I’m one of those people who don’t measure when they cook as cooking is something that you feel. For all my recipes, I work with spices and ingredients that I’m very familiar with so that I can always achieve the texture, taste, color & smell that I’m looking for as the end result. With that said, all measurements provided in the recipes on this blog are approximate.